- 1993: ABBANK was established in April 1993 with registered capital of VND 1 billion at 138 Hung Vuong, An Lac, Binh Chanh, Ho Chi Minh city.
- 2002: To meet the increasing demands of customers for modern banking products and services, ABBANK implemented fundamental reforms in organisational structure and top management to focus on two business areas: commercial and investment banking.
- 6th December 2006: ABBANK signed agreement with Temenos to implement the core banking solution and opened International Banking Centre in Ha noi.
+ ABBANK inaugurated two new transasctional offices in Ha noi, ABBANK Dinh Tien Hoang and ABBANK Tran Khat Chan.
+ ABBANK has issued successfully VND 1000 billion 10 year and fixed rate bond for EVN with the technical assistance of Deustche Bank and Vina Capital.
+ Registered capital was increased from VND 165 billion at the beginning of the year to VND 1131 billion by the end of 2006.
- January 2007: Asia Money selected EVN bond underwitten by ABBANK as the best Asia local currency bond 2006.
- Febuary 2007: ABBANK launch YOUhouse, house installment loan with term up to 20 years.
- March 2007: ABBANK signed strategic cooperative agreement with AGRIBANK.
- April 2007: ABBANK becomes member of card and POS payment network PAYNET.
- November 2007: Chartered Capital was increased to VND 2,300 billion
- April 2008: ABBANK received “The Famous National Brand Name in 2008” and “Excellent International Payment Bank” Award.
ABBANK’s clients range from multi-national corporations, individuals and investors. Corporate banking provides encompass lending, factoring, guaranteeing, export funding, bank account and international payment. The full range of personal banking services consist of saving products and credit products, eg. home mortgage loan, car loan, unsecured loan, business loan, etc.
ABBANK provides corporate clients and investors with trustee and investment consulting services for financial, bond issuing, underwriting and clearance for bond issuance. Supported by superior technology, a professional team and high quality customer service, ABBANK is able to provide flexible financial solutions, exceeding and surpassing customers’ satisfaction time and again.
To atract and maintain customer, ABBANK commits to create its unique service differentiation comparing to other banks by delivering best service quality to its target customers by frequently listening to customer opinions and feedbacks, applying most up-to-date IT infrastructure and solutions, professionally recruiting and training our staffs and developing joint marketing programs and products with our strategic partners.
In 2007, ABBANK business objectives include: increasing the number of our branches and transactional offices to 50 by the of the year, achieving growth of 250-300% in fund mobilisation, loan provision and total revenue with a strong increase from fee-based services.